Church and Religion

Most of the immigrants to McIntyre were Roman Catholic. The only church in town, St. Gertrude's Catholic Church, was built in 1918. Prior to that date, the worshippers attended services in a private McIntyre home. The church served the spiritual as well as social needs of some of its members. Protestant worshippers attended one of the two Presbyterian churches in the nearby town of Jacksonville. A Byzantine Rite Catholic Church in nearby Coal Run was attended by a number of worshippers from McIntyre.

Photos and Documents

Related Web Sites

Home Page

McIntyre Page