School and Education

.
No documentation can be found on the building of the McIntyre school which was established about 1915. The school, once prominently located on top of a hill overlooking the town, was built of wood and contained 4 rooms in which grades 1 through 8 attended. The Coal Company provided the coal that the teachers used to heat their respective classrooms on chilly mornings. There was no running water or indoor bathrooms in the building. In 1914, the former Elder's Ridge Academy, located in the town of Elder's Ridge, Young Township, became a vocational school. Both schools were acclaimed statewide. In 1937 the vocational school made the transition to a high school.  


Photos and Documents

Related Web Sites


Home Page

McIntyre Page

.